Welcome to Christian Widow's Walk

Dear Readers,

Thank you so much for visiting. If you care to follow my story from the beginning, I encourage you to click on the oldest post first and make your way to newer entries. In so doing, hopefully, you will see the hand of God in my healing journey that started in April, 2009.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Memorial Miracle And Memories ~ Part 2

Posted Jul 7, 2009 ~ (2 1/2 months into widowhood)

I slept well, but woke early on Saturday morning. After weeks of preparation and anticipation, the day of Buck’s memorial had finally arrived. I had my quiet time with the Lord before I jumped into my day. I was amazed by the way I was feeling emotionally. All of my anxiety was gone. My fear was transformed into sheer excitement. I had total PEACE and knew that today was going to be a wonderful day. As we pulled into the church parking lot, I realized that I was experiencing the same kind of excitement I felt on our wedding day!

I greeted many people as they arrived, until it was time for the memorial to begin. The worship team played Amazing Grace and Great Is Thy Faithfulness and our pastor welcomed everyone and led us in prayer before the speakers started taking turns coming to the podium. I had invited six friends and family members to speak and another ten stood and shared personal remembrances. After several of the speakers shared their hearts with us, the worship team played a Ray Boltz song titled: Thank You For Giving To The Lord.

The speakers included immediate family, extended family, church family, caretaker family, in-laws and close friends. Each heartwarming testimony, whether spontaneous or prepared ahead of time was delivered with love, friendship and respect and touched my family and I deeply! Thank you to all of you who honored Buck in such a wonderful way!

When it was my turn to share my tribute to my Bofren, I was amazed by my confidence and calmness. To those of you who were able to join us at the memorial, I want to let you know that you witnessed a miracle as I stood before you! There was no evidence of fear or anxiety because those emotions were not present. I purposed to trust God like I never have before, and He blessed me with Peace, Strength and Courage that was not my own! There are two scriptures that now mean a lot more to me personally, after experiencing God’s power in that amazing tangible way! I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 But [God] said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

It was my desire to honor my husband and to describe Buck’s life, in order to set the stage for the slideshow that would immediately follow. I wanted to summarize in words what Buck’s life was all about, so that the pictorial presentation would be even more meaningful. Although I was not fearful, the emotions were strong and affected my voice several times, making it necessary to stop and breathe deeply until I could go on. I appreciated everyone’s patience as God helped me to regroup and continue. Thank You Lord, for what You did for me: My weakness, Your POWER! What a gift!




1 comment:

  1. I don't share this verse lightly, but because you know, Psalm 116:15, as evidenced in this treasured time. *

    ReplyDelete